Blockade Adani Training
In the cities. On the front line
What: Training options for all levels of experience
When: Sunday 28th July
9:30am – 4pm
* w/ optional action briefing 4pm-5pm
Where: Windsor (address provided to registrants)
Mining giant Adani have never been closer to exploiting one of the largest untouched coal basins in the world. They have started construction on Wangan and Jagalingou country without Traditional Owners’ consent and without social licence.
We can still #StopAdani, but it’s going to take every single one of us stepping up like never before – in the cities and on the frontlines.
This special one day training will help you build the courage, inspiration and the skills you need to stand up to protect country, our climate and the precious Great Barrier Reef from Adani’s mega coal mine.
Come along to:
- Learn how you can take powerful, collective direct action to #StopAdani on the frontlines and here in Brisbane
- Understand the basic principles of nonviolent direct action and how it has been a critical element of winning campaigns in Australia’s history
- Learn how to prepare for taking action safely and effectively and support others to do the same
- Gain an understanding of the physical roles, logistics and planning of direct action
Towards the end of the training we will outline a number of opportunities to participate in some fun, upcoming actions in Brisbane – and there will be optional action briefings for those people that can stay around until 5pm.
This training is open to everyone, whether your are brand new to this movement or been involved since the beginning.
We’ll have advanced sessions for people who have participated in action training before, such as police liaison, media spokesperson and other key roles.